Monday, 28 March 2011

Integrity

==========
Code Complete (Steve McConnell)
- Highlight Loc. 26538-42  | Added on Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 07:24 AM

Programming work is essentially unsupervisable because no one ever really knows what you're working on. We've all had projects in which we spent 80 percent of the time working on a small piece we found interesting and 20 percent of the time building the other 80 percent of the program. Your employer can't force you to be a good programmer; a lot of times your employer isn't even in a position to judge whether you're good. If you want to be great, you're responsible for making yourself great. It's a matter of your personal character.
==========

No comments:

Post a Comment